4.07.2010

a-ok

Well...it's April 9th. One week into April. I'm happy. Things are good.


Might seem like a drastic change from last post and yes it is. BUT some drastic things have happened:

I got 3 new private classes - only one of which has begun but the others will begin in a couple weeks.
I left the city to breathe some fresh air and eat some wonderful food with some friends. (and I can't tell you how much that helped!)
I worked on the topic of love.
I had a great, inspiring chat with a friend.
I laughed...a lot.
I bought some new movies and they were great (the blindside, precious, 500 days of summer)

I guess I realized that being happier was a choice. And so....I made that choice

:)

___________________________________________________________________


It's been getting colder here in Chile lately. The time changed back one hour this past weekend and so although its nice and bright in the morning (if it's not rainy or cloudy haha), it's dark so early now. It's slowly becoming winter.

And so...I present my list of winter goodness:
  • A good movie collection (it helps when in Chile, you can buy new DVDs at almost every main street corner for 2-3 bucks! yes that's technically 'bad' but it's also very good haha)
  • Chocolate...and homemade hot chocolate :D
  • homemade bread
  • a hoola hoop...to shake off all the chocolate and bread (yep. it's super fun to play with and it fits inside my apt haha)
  • knitting and crocheting. I plan to make slippers, hats and scarves :D
  • english novels (I have Infidel, The Children's book, The Road, Have a Little Faith and On Beauty. If I actually DO read those and need more...there's a sweet little English Used Book store within walking distance of my apartment!)
  • a good umbrella
  • homemade soups!
  • fun socks
  • cardigans
  • taking full advantage of any sunshine! :)
I'm wishing everyone a cheerful April, a wonderful winter and if you're lucky enough to be in a part of the world where right now you are experiencing spring and will soon see summer...well....have an excellent time in the sun...just don't tell me about it haha.

love love
xoxo
-jac

No comments:

Post a Comment