
And even though that's not literally happening here, March 2010 hasn't been my favourite month here in Chile.

The day after my last post, there was a giant aftershock that frankly, scared the shit out of me. I was home, alone, on the 12th floor of my apartment. I immediately got in touch with one of my friends who lives very close to me. I went over to her apartment and didn't realize on my walk over that there was another large aftershock. I didn't feel it or notice anything because I was walking. We found out that the epicenter of that one wasn't as far away from Santiago as the Concepcion earthquake. In fact, this one took place right as the new president (Pinera) was sworn in.
For a few days after that, I felt like I couldn't complete a sentence without saying "did you feel that?" or looking around me to see if things were moving. These things just play games with your mind. The good news is - I haven't felt any aftershocks like that since. There have been some small ones, some I've slept through and I'm sure some I've just walked through. They aren't harmful but they scare you if you feel them.
March hasn't been a great month for me. One of those times where lets say....nothing goes the way you want. I even tried to make bread the other day with a friend and that was a fail haha. But if you know me, you know I don't let those things bring me down.
The bread making process was fun. Being pretty darn poor this month taught me to find happiness somewhere else...in something free...like a hug or a two person dance party. Having relationship problems showed me that no matter what happens - good friends and family are ALWAYS there for you. And that when someone can't make you happy - you realize it's actually YOUR job to do that. And like the old saying says (which I will tweak a little here) when one door closes, another door opens...but that closed door might just open again when it's really ready for you. I truly believe that anything is possible.
hmmm...which one?

And as much as I learned this month, it's just a fact - March has sucked. So heres to April...hopefully an incredibly bright month to follow this gloomy roller coaster ride called March.
love love x
jac
No comments:
Post a Comment